Individual health insurance has had some significant changes since the Affordable Care Act was passed on March 23, 2010. There are many things we each need to consider when selecting a plan. Below are a few key points.
- Do I qualify for Tax Credit and Cost Sharing reduction
- There are no waiting periods
- Will I have to pay a penalty
- Do I need to apply through Your Health Idaho
- How do I apply through Your Health Idaho
- Can I keep my old policy
- Open enrollment for 2016 is November 1, 2015 to January 31, 2016
- Renewal plans have November 1, 2015 to December 15, 2015
- Preventative is covered
- Does my doctor participate
- Will my medications be covered
- Can I apply directly through an insurance company
- What is the penalty for not being insured
- Do I qualify for a Special Enrollment Period
If you want to look at your options for insuring a group, please get ahold of me so we can discuss your options. There are many changes with the Affordable Care Act. Some basic information will be required to get some soft quotes.
- Birthdays of employees and family members to covered
- If anyone smokes
- Size of group
For a free consultation or any questions call or email me.
I will evaluate your plan and options each year at your renewal. You can call me at any time with any questions.